Managed Labor, Industrial Staffing & Janitorial Safety
LACOSTA’s CULTURE OF SAFETY
LACOSTA has one of the highest safety ratings in the country because we drive a culture of strong safety standards, reducing our and out customer’s liability and costs. Performing in a safe and environmentally conscientious manner is a condition of employment for all LACOSTA employees. By incorporating safety into our daily culture we create awareness and engagement, positioning ourselves to constantly improve and mitigate safety incidents.
Our Safety and Health Management Program encompasses three key areas of Safety Practices: Training, Risk Mitigation and Risk Management. Our Safety Program is managed and regularly updated by our dedicated Safety Compliance Officer and Safety Program Coordinator, ensuring compliance with all state and federal laws, and safe operations for our employees.
OUR SAFETY AND HEALTH PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS
- Zero lost time accident policy
- 100% Return to work program
- New hire safety orientation
- Prestart safety audit to identify potential hazards, proper personal protective equipment needed, site specific safety training needed and to establish relationship with our customers EHS contact to address any customer related issues
- Safety Behavioral Observation Surveys (BOS) completed at all sites
- Safety Task Assessments (STA) completed at all sites
- Full time safety compliance officer and safety coordinator
- Triage Program –access to on call nurses
- OSHA compliant with OSHA certified managers
- Safety coach assigned to each site
- 52 week safety program conducted as weekly tool box meetings
- Supervisors are engaged-escort injured employees to clinic if deemed necessary
- Managers are trained on safety coaching and employee engagement in safety
- Pre Hire Physical agility and capability testing
- Filling, labeling and equipment use training and procedures
- Routine Customer Site Safety Audits
LACOSTA practices responsible, sustainable cleaning methods, not only because they are eco-friendly, but because they provide benefits to your facility, employees and visitors.
Healthy High Performance Cleaning Program
LACOSTA utilizes a Healthy High Performance Cleaning (HHPC) program to provide the safest, healthiest, and cleanest environments for our customers. HHPC is a process that reduces the negative impact of cleaning on health and the environment. The program provides environmentally preferable cleaning strategies, procedures, training, and purchasing guidelines for consumables, supplies, chemicals, and equipment.
We partner with world-leading manufacturers of environment cleaning equipment. LACOSTA’s investment in the best cleaning equipment not only increases our performance and productivity, it provides our customers access to the most advanced technology. In accordance to the HHPC program, we select equipment that will aid in improving air quality and reduce the use of chemicals.
LACOSTA Uses Certified GREEN SEAL Products
Green Seal certification ensures that a product complies with a rigorous set of criteria designed to achieve leadership levels in sustainability. Green Seal chemicals meet or exceed the same performance as non-green chemicals.
A list of equipment and products, and their corresponding spec sheets may be provided upon request.
Our LEED Expertise
LACOSTA’s LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) expertise minimizes the impact to your budget while maximizing the long-term sustainability and green value of your building.
We have assisted several clients with LEED certification, providing them with a significant return on investment. LEED- certified buildings cost less to operate, reduce energy consumption by as much as 40%.
Our LEAN Expertise
LACOSTA’s management team is Lean Six Sigma (LSS) trained and certified. LSS is a continuous process of process creation, process management and process improvement. Our expertise in LSS allows us to help our customers decrease their operational costs by eliminating waste, variation and non-value added tasks. Our six sigma training allows our management team to use a methodical five phase approach – define, measure, analyze, improve and control – to better understand the variables that affect a process in order to better optimize it. Working with a LSS methodology can help any organization achieve a higher level of quality in their products, processes, communications and services.