Why Are You Still Hiring Like It’s the 1980s?April 6, 2020
Pet rocks, 8-track tapes, Jazzercise and shoulder pads… the 1980s gave us things we miss and things we don’t.
It’s subjective, mostly. Jazzercise never really went away and the high ponytail scrunchie is staging a comeback. But there are some things about the ’80s that should definitely not return. Take hiring trends, for example.
In the 1980s, there were three primary models:
- Temp Staffing: a short-term, costly solution to staffing that has up to 400% turnover rates and often utilizes low-skilled, poorly paid workers
- Temp-to-Hire Staffing: a model rarely in use today, temp-to-hire staffing was a process to vet employees through temporary work before hiring them; but with the high turnover rates of temp agencies, this is increasingly difficult
- Direct Hires: as the traditional hiring model, direct hires can be difficult to source and retain in a tight labor market
But for keeping up with the challenges of the modern job market there’s no better model than insourced managed labor.
Insourcing: A Staffing Solution that Works as Hard as You Do
As an alternative to temporary staffing, insourced managed labor provides the advantage of including both an onsite manager and a reliable team of workers. All recruiting, training, and oversight are completed by the onsite manager, leaving you free to focus on more pressing tasks.
The LACOSTA model of insourced managed labor is not only true managed labor, it utilizes LACOSTA’s proprietary Predictive Scheduling Model for continued success.
- Guaranteed savings of at least 15%
- Many clients save up to 30%.
- Decreased cost of turnover and training.
- Higher retention rates.
- Decreased risk of injury and litigation due to highly trained employees.
- Insourced workers are happier, more motivated,
- Act as an extension of your team.
- LACOSTA provides full benefits for insourced laborers.
- Onsite supervisors as the liaison between insourced labor and your leadership.
- Happier, more productive employees.
- Client output often increases by 25% or more.
- Flex staffing levels to match your production schedule
- A variety of employee skill levels available.
What’s the Predictive Scheduling Model?
LACOSTA’s scheduling model is based on the needs of your production schedule. We work closely with you to analyze and estimate your future labor needs to ensure all positions are fully-functioning every day. This flexible style of scheduling ensures that you have just the right number of workers each day – no more, no less.
Through predictive analysis, we staff a site at 115%-119%, pulling from a “hire-ahead” pool that backfills any absences in labor. With this method, we can achieve 100% operational efficiency at all times, reducing risks of labor shortages and ensuring you receive full ROI.
Without the uncertainty of whether your temps will show up, you can relax and focus on more important tasks while LACOSTA handles the rest.
3 Steps To 21st-Century Staffing
Get started with insourced labor in three easy steps.
Step 1: Request a managed labor audit. This involves both a discovery call and a site visit to determine areas of improvement, a transition and implementation plan, and more.
Step 2: Transition your staff. With the help of a managed labor partner like LACOSTA, smoothly transition into insourced labor. During this phase, we work closely with you to define KPIs and scorecards.
Step 3: Receive on-going reports from the insourced labor supervisor. We offer daily site reports, monthly partnership meetings, quarterly compliance audits, and more to ensure your goals are consistently met.
With over 40 years of experience in the managed labor industry, LACOSTA operates on three fundamental principles: the importance of people, process, and productivity. Our team of industry experts has a successful track record for helping customers achieve and maintain safe, clean, and efficient environments.
Click on the link below to learn more or to schedule a managed labor audit.