The Top Advantages of Installing Epoxy Flooring: in Your Home, Office or Manufacturing FacilityJuly 11, 2023
Epoxy flooring can be one of the best options for homes, offices and manufacturing facilities. It is a durable, low-maintenance material that can provide safety for high-use foot and machine traffic and can provide a professional aesthetic. Installing epoxy flooring can be a great investment, and it’s important to get a full analysis of your site and needs, by an experienced professional to make sure you choose the best epoxy flooring for your needs. While the advantages are numerous, there are also some warnings about epoxy floors that must be taken into consideration.
What is epoxy flooring?
Epoxy flooring is created by mixing resin with a hardener to form a durable, strong, and smooth surface. There are different epoxy floorings available, such as self-leveling, flake, metallic, and quartz. The advantages of epoxy flooring include its ability to resist chemicals, abrasions, and moisture, making it ideal for high-traffic areas that require both easy maintenance and durability.
The advantages of epoxy flooring
- Durability: Epoxy flooring is incredibly durable and can withstand heavy foot and vehicle traffic. It is resistant to chipping, stains, and chemicals, making it a great option for industrial settings.
- Aesthetic appeal: Epoxy flooring is available in different colors, designs, and finishes. It can be customized to match your style and décor, making it a great option for residential spaces as well.
- Easy to maintain: Epoxy flooring is easy to clean and maintain. It only requires regular sweeping and mopping to keep it looking like new.
- Resistant to moisture: Epoxy flooring is waterproof and can resist damage from moisture, making it a great option for basements, bathrooms, and kitchens.
- Versatility: Epoxy flooring applications can be found in residences; garages; commercial retail and office properties; industrial plants; laboratories, and medical facilities.
- Professional appearance: Epoxy flooring can overlay and protect professional graphics and artistic renderings. It can level-up the appearance of almost any flooring surface and facility.
Maintenance and cleaning tips
First, while epoxy flooring is resistant to chemicals, spills should be cleaned up in a timely fashion. Acidic or caustic chemicals can cause damage to the epoxy coating over time. Secondly, it’s important to sweep or vacuum the floor regularly to prevent dirt and debris from scratching the surface. Third, when it comes to more stubborn stains or dirt, avoid using any abrasive cleaners, scrubbers or high-pressure washers as they can damage the epoxy surface.
Cost considerations of epoxy flooring
The cost of epoxy flooring installation varies depending on several factors, including the size of the space, the intended use, the type of epoxy flooring needed, and the condition of the existing floor.
Workspaces may require more customized design options, such as logos or graphics, and special area demarcations relating to processes or safety.
LACOSTA flooring experts will visit and evaluate your site, make recommendations, and provide a detailed estimate. Our assessment may find that epoxy is not your best solution – there are many flooring options that your LACOSTA flooring expert can bring to your attention. If a certain epoxy does match your requirements, you can weigh our cost analysis against the advantages of epoxy flooring and make a fully informed choice.